Droncit (per tablet)
Droncit is non-toxic and is well tolerated by dogs and cats. After administration praziquantel is rapidly absorbed, mainly from the duodenum. Maximum blood levels occur one to three hours after administration, and are undetectable within 24 hours. Praziquantel acts extremely rapidly against tapeworms, probably killing them by direct contact. The dead worms are usually digested and hence are not seen in the faeces. There is no purgative effect.
- Powerful - 100 per cent efficiency against all species of tapeworms including the hydatid tapeworm Echinococcus granulosus and the zipper tapeworm Spirometra erinacei.
- Convenient – No need to fast animals prior to treatment.
- Economical – Maximum efficiency and safety with a single oral dose.
- User Friendly – The safety of Droncit means that it is virtually non-toxic and administration of the drug is free of undesirable side-effects.
50 mg Praziquantel
- Dogs: 1 tablet/10 kg bodyweight. (For Spirometra erinacei give 4 times this dosage.)
- Cats: ½ tablet/5 kg bodyweight.
|Indication||Tapeworms in dogs and cats, including the hydatid tapeworm Echinococcus granulosus in dogs.|
|Actions||Destroys the parasite's ability to defend itself from the host's digestive enzymes and immune system. It also appears to interfere with the musculature of the scolex such that the parasite loses its attachment to the gut wall.|
|Precautions||Disposal Dispose of empty packaging by wrapping in paper and placing in garbage.|
|Dosage and Administration||Dogs. 1 tablet/10 kg bodyweight. (For Spirometra erinacei give 4 times this dosage.) Cats. ½ tablet/5 kg bodyweight.|
|Storage||Store below 30°C (room temperature).|
|Manufacturer||Bayer Australia Ltd|